Last updated: November 2018
Here are some great resources we have recently shared with one another
Personalization features are now available in Google Optimize
Google Optimize now allows you to create personalization. If you want to offer, say, free shipping to all customers in San Francisco, then just…
- Click the “Create Experience” button
- Select “Personalization” as the experience type.
- Using the Optimize Visual Editor, add the free shipping offer to your website.
- Select “users located in San Francisco” and launch the personalization.
The A/B-testing-for-SEO tool now works for conversions, too
You might also be interested to refer back to our article Does CRO mess up SEO? And vice versa?
How to get to product–market fit
There’s no point doing CRO on a product you can’t sell, and there’s no point trying a sell a product no one wants. Product–market fit is startup language for having something some people want.
Product–market fit isn’t a binary thing. It’s not something you either have or don’t. It’s a sliding scale, and the better it gets, the easier everything else becomes. Also, it’s something you can lose and have to rebuild.
In this great 50-minute talk, Peter Reinhardt, co-founder and CEO of Segment, shares his story on building different products and eventually finding product–market fit.
“The most common mistake startups make is to solve problems no one has.”—Paul Graham
The wisdom of Warren Buffett’s business partner
Charlie Munger is Warren Buffett’s business partner. He is passionate about the value of mental models—effective thought processes for understanding the world. The website “ValuePlays” has collated some of Munger’s talks and reports into a useful PDF: The Best of Charlie Munger 1994–2011. It’s the third list of mental models we have written about, the others being DuckDuckGo founder Gabriel Weinberg’s and DefMacro’s.
Teach yourself computer science
This is a great, deep guide if you want to learn the fundamentals behind programming.
A crash course in making music
We love websites that compress hours of teaching into a few minutes. This crash course from Ableton teaches you how music works, and gets you creating music in minutes.
News from inside Conversion Rate Experts
Photos of our trip to meet The Queen at Buckingham Palace
On this page, we have posted the photos of our founders’ trip to Buckingham Palace to meet The Queen.
We’ve now worked with clients in 34 countries
We have updated our website to say that we have now helped to grow clients in 34 countries and 11 languages. (In 2016, those numbers were 23 and 8, respectively.) You can see the full list of countries and languages here.
We’ve published a great new video testimonial
We have recently published a new video testimonial: “Hundreds of thousands of dollars” of additional revenue for iGaming company Blexr.”
We now have 71 testimonials from delighted clients.
How to send an “email” (a video from 1984)
We love everything about this demonstration—including the way the guy clearly reveals his password (1234) on national TV.
What you should do now
1. If you’d like us to work on your website—to dramatically improve your conversion rate and profits (like we did for all these companies), then claim your FREE website strategy session. On this free phone consultation, one of our experts will discuss your conversion goals and suggest strategies to double your sales.
2. If you’d like to learn conversion for free, go to our “Learning Zone” page, where you can download templates of million-dollar winning pages. Or, if you’d like us to build your company’s in-house capabilities (not for free), then contact us and we’ll discuss your requirements.
3. If you’d like to work for us—or see why our team members love working for us—then see our “Careers” pages.
All of our articles are subject to our Testimonial Protocol, which is described here.