Tips and tools: Resources we’ve discovered recently (Sep 25, 2013)
(By the way, to get articles like this free in your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter—the link opens in an overlay).
Here are some great resources we have recently shared with one another(We don’t profit from recommending things. We just love sharing things we think you’ll appreciate. You can see our other Tips and Tools articles here.)
Here are some great resources we’ve recently shared with one another (using Diigo):
- How to edit any website (the version in your browser): At the bottom of this article, you’ll see two bookmarklets labelled “Edit this Website” and “Done Editing.” Drag them to your bookmarks bar. They’ll enable you to edit any webpage. You’ll be editing the local version in your browser, not the version on the server, but this can be useful for quickly communicating to someone how the text on a page could be changed. Or maybe you’ll squander your newfound powers by editing news sites to trick your friends.
- Writing: Top 100 speeches of the 20th century. Some of the world’s most rousing, persuasive writing.
- Self-help: Read Joshua Uebergang’s 1,000 self-help books summarized in one page. Then, with all the time you’ve saved, you can treat yourself to 5,000 hours of Xbox and Doritos. You deserve it.
- Business: The 20 smartest things Amazon’s Jeff Bezos has ever said. Numbers six, eight and nine are particularly good. He’s a smart guy, that Jeff. He’ll go far.
- Analytics: Occam’s Razor Awesomeness. Some ready-to-use custom Google Analytics reports from Avinash Kaushik. (One reviewer endearingly nicknamed it “Avinash’s greatest hits.”)
- iPhone development: If you develop an iPhone app, Watchsend records video of your users interacting with it.
- Screen recording: If you ever need to create or edit a screen-recording, ScreenFlow (for Mac) is great. This is an enjoyable way to learn how to use all of Screenflow’s features. You’ll also find this list of keyboard shortcuts for Screenflow useful. If you’re on a PC, you’ll want Camtasia instead.
- Graphic design: Swiftly is an easy way to find a graphic designer to make quick fixes for you. It was created by 99designs.
- Mind-mapping software: iThoughtsHD is great mind mapping software for iOS. Its developer has recently launched a Mac version, called iThoughtsX.
- Problem solving: How to solve it. A summary of a short book about how to solve problems, which was recommended by the programmer Rich Hickey in his talk about solving hard problems.
- Cute: Sea otters holding hands. Not work (unless you work with sea otters).
- Being happy: Happiness app for iPhone. The easiest way to be happier is to identify what makes you happy, and then do more of it. This app asks you, at sporadic intervals, how happy you are and why. You can later browse through your entries looking for patterns.
We’re still growing fast, and we’re always hiring. To discover why our consultants like working for us, take a look at our recently updated “Careers” page.
That’s all for now. Before you go, let’s have one last look at those otters.
How much did you like this article?
What’s your goal today?
1. Hire us to grow your company
We’ve generated hundreds of millions for our clients, using our unique CRE Methodology™. To discover how we can help grow your business:
- Read our case studies, client success stories, and video testimonials.
- Learn about us, and our unique values, beliefs and quirks.
- Visit our “Services” page to see the process by which we assess whether we’re a good fit for each other.
- Claim your FREE website strategy session with one of our renowned experts.
2. Learn how to do conversion
Browse hundreds of articles, containing an amazing number of useful tools and techniques. Many readers tell us they have doubled their sales by following the advice in these articles.
Download a free copy of our Amazon #1 best-selling book, Making Websites Win, recommended by Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Moz, Econsultancy, and many more industry leaders. You’ll also be subscribed to our email newsletter and notified whenever we publish new articles or have something interesting to share.
3. Join our team (we’re actively hiring!)
If you want to join our team—or discover why our team members love working with us—then see our “Careers” page.
4. Contact us
We help businesses worldwide, so get in touch!
© 2021 Conversion Rate Experts Limited. All rights reserved.