The page we send to all our new clients, to improve their success
If your colleagues aren’t persuaded that conversion is important, send them this article, using this mailto link) or, if you’re an extrovert, via social media.
Conversion is a team activity. If your bosses, co-workers, and employees don’t share your vision and enthusiasm, you’ll struggle to get results. Before you can convert your visitors, you must convert your co-workers. We discovered this the hard way. In our early days, we noticed that though many of our client projects moved rapidly, a few of them stumbled along the same rocky path:
- Phase 1: We’d be hired by a “kindred spirit”—someone who was excited about conversion and liked our approach to it.
- Phase 2: The project would be delegated by the kindred spirit to others who didn’t understand what conversion rate optimization (CRO) was, never mind why it was essential to a company’s success.
As a result, we started to feel less like we were part of a team of people pulling in the same direction, and more like salmon swimming upstream.
A simple page that made a big difference
Then we had a breakthrough. We created an “onboarding” page to send to every member of a client’s team—including the developers, graphic designers, UX designers, “brand police,” and legal teams. The page described the vital few things that everyone should know about CRO. It also contained the following:
- A list of traits our most successful clients have in common. We recommend you adopt them all (the traits, not our clients).
- The “cup of coffee” test, and why you must address bottlenecks head on.
- How we apply the Pareto Principle (the “80/20” rule) to growing profits.
We also began inviting everyone in the client’s team to sign up to our email newsletter, because the more they learn, the more they’re empowered. Just because someone doesn’t have the word “conversion” in their job title doesn’t mean that CRO knowledge can’t change the course of their career.
The page—and the invites to the email newsletter—worked even better than we had hoped. From the first minute of each subsequent project’s kick-off meeting, all of the client’s team members were energized because they understood what we were doing and why.
Of course, we still encounter people who don’t “get” CRO no matter how much we explain it, but these days they tend to be outnumbered by those who do understand its importance. In fact, several of our clients have adopted our methodology far beyond the “conversion department.”
This is the page, which we have recently updated. Even if your company has no plans of ever becoming a client of ours, you’ll find it useful. As a reader of our website, you probably already know the first sections, so you may wish to skip to later sections.
Don’t keep your CRO know-how to yourself
When we started Conversion Rate Experts, we felt that educating a client’s wider team was a chore that stood in the way of our doing the real work. We soon realized that it’s a core CRO skill. In fact, perhaps the most important aspect of our service is that we help our clients to adopt the practices of the most successful web companies.
So, before you convert your visitors, you must convert your co-workers. Don’t keep your CRO know-how to yourself. To get massive success, multiply your knowledge and effort over as many people as possible.
What’s your goal today?
1. Hire us to grow your company
We’ve generated hundreds of millions for our clients, using our unique CRE Methodology™. To discover how we can help grow your business:
- Read our case studies, client success stories, and video testimonials.
- Learn about us, and our unique values, beliefs and quirks.
- Visit our “Services” page to see the process by which we assess whether we’re a good fit for each other.
- Schedule your FREE website strategy session with one of our renowned experts.
2. Learn how to do conversion
Download a free copy of our Amazon #1 best-selling book, Making Websites Win, recommended by Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Moz, Econsultancy, and many more industry leaders. You’ll also be subscribed to our email newsletter and notified whenever we publish new articles or have something interesting to share.
Browse hundreds of articles, containing an amazing number of useful tools and techniques. Many readers tell us they have doubled their sales by following the advice in these articles.
3. Join our team
If you want to join our team—or discover why our team members love working with us—then see our “Careers” page.
4. Contact us
We help businesses worldwide, so get in touch!
© 2023 Conversion Rate Experts Limited. All rights reserved.