Tips and tools: An easy way to send direct mail; Google tools for WordPress; and more…
To get articles like this free in your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter (the link opens in an overlay).
Published: December 2018
Here are some great resources we have recently shared with one another(We don’t profit from recommending things. We just love sharing things we think you’ll appreciate. You can see our other Tips and Tools articles here.)
An easy way to send direct mail
Many of our clients have had success by translating their winning online messages into offline media. (We describe an interesting direct-mail win in Conversion for mobile: how we helped grow a FinTech company by 470%.)
Actually sending the direct mail can be fiddly, though. A new service called Inkit makes it easy to design, print, send, and even A/B-test postcards. It’s like an email service provider but for offline mail. You can see details of how it works in its Support Area.
A WordPress plugin from Google
Google has created a WordPress plugin called Site Kit that integrates four Google products—Search Console, Analytics, AdSense, and PageSpeed Insights—into your WordPress website.
Improve your website by seeing it through the eyes of your users who have disabilities
As we explained in this article, accessibility is important not just morally but also financially.
Funkify is a Chrome extension that “lets you experience your website through the eyes of extreme users with different abilities and disabilities.” It helps you learn in a deep, empathic way what some of your visitors struggle with. (We were uncomfortable with some of its persona names.)
The world’s most densely highlighted books
As you’ll know if you have read our book Making Websites Win, we love books that are dense with ideas. The article What books are highlighted the most densely ranks books in order of what percentage of their content has been highlighted by someone.
A way to export your Kindle highlights
On the subject of highlights, you may find Clippings.io useful. It allows you to export your Kindle highlights into other formats so you can edit, share, or publish them.
Modular bins for keeping drawers tidy
Some compact games for the holidays
If you’re traveling over the holidays, you might be interested to hear that this summer, we researched games that were compact enough to take on vacation—and we bought a lot of them. Here are the ones that proved to be the most popular. All of them were popular with the adults, but we also mention the minimum recommended age. We have listed them with our favorites at the top:
- Hanabi (for age 10+) is a cooperative game in which players can’t see their own cards. The version we have linked to is the nicest one—the pieces are of higher quality and it comes in a compact, metal tin—but its rules are in German, so you’d need to get them online.
- One Night Ultimate Werewolf (for age 10+) is a version of the fun game Werewolf that can be played with just three players (and up to ten players). It’s a game of bluffing that creates many comical situations.
- Rhino Hero (for age 4+) is like a more interesting version of Jenga. If you aren’t constrained by space, we prefer Rhino Hero Super Battle (for age 5+).
- Kingdomino (for age 6+) is less compact but still has a good fun-to-size ratio.
- Love Letter (for age 8+) is incredibly compact, having just 16 game cards, 4 reference cards, and 13 small red wooden cubes.
- The Mind (for age 6+) is weird: it’s a cooperative game in which none of the players are allowed to communicate with one another in any way. At first, it feels more like an impossible magic trick than a game. Right now, it’s out of stock in most places. We paid just $14 for it, so you might want to wait until it becomes more widely available.
- Sushi Go! (for age 6+) is a simple game that involves collecting sets of sushi cards.
If you’re traveling with the games, you can make some of them more compact by taking them out of their boxes and putting their components into sandwich bags.
(We don’t profit from recommending any products; we just love sharing things that have improved our lives.)
News from within Conversion Rate Experts
We’ve won an award for our industry-leading culture
We have won a TINYpulse award for our industry-leading scores for team happiness, company culture, personal development, communication and transparency, talent retention and attraction, and performance recognition.
Become our next success story
If you’re looking to create a big CRO success story in 2019, visit this page to request a free strategy session.
We are hiring front-end developers
If you know anyone who’d like to join our team—particularly front-end developers—then please send them to our “Careers” page.
A fantastic lesson in method acting (and therefore method marketing)
The lesson’s message illuminates why method marketing is so incredibly effective.
Be warned that the lesson is emotionally difficult—in fact, that’s the whole point.
How much did you like this article?
What’s your goal today?
1. Hire us to grow your company
We’ve generated hundreds of millions for our clients, using our unique CRE Methodology™. To discover how we can help grow your business:
- Read our case studies, client success stories, and video testimonials.
- Learn about us, and our unique values, beliefs and quirks.
- Visit our “Services” page to see the process by which we assess whether we’re a good fit for each other.
- Claim your FREE website strategy session with one of our renowned experts.
2. Learn how to do conversion
Browse hundreds of articles, containing an amazing number of useful tools and techniques. Many readers tell us they have doubled their sales by following the advice in these articles.
Download a free copy of our Amazon #1 best-selling book, Making Websites Win, recommended by Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Moz, Econsultancy, and many more industry leaders. You’ll also be subscribed to our email newsletter and notified whenever we publish new articles or have something interesting to share.
3. Work for us
If you want to join our team—or if you want to discover why our team members love working for us—then see our “Careers” pages.
4. Contact us
We help businesses worldwide, so get in touch!
© 2020 Implementra Limited trading as Conversion Rate Experts. All rights reserved.