Tips and tools: Including an amazing sales pitch from Elon Musk
Last updated: November 2019
Here are some great resources we have recently shared with one another
(We don’t profit from recommending things. We just love sharing things we think you’ll appreciate. You can see our other Tips and Tools articles here.)
- How to record iPhone sessions (by mirroring your iPhone’s screen to a Mac). This can be useful when you carry out usability tests on mobile websites, and apps.
- Some great tips on speeding up companies. Includes the following quotes: “You can either set the pace of the market or be the one to react. Whoever is fastest out of the gate is the one everyone else has to react to.” “A lot of people assume dependencies where they don’t even exist.”
- Handy software for powering Q&A pages and knowledge-sharing communities.
- See the International Space Station as it passes over you. The iPhone app Star Guide alerts you when interesting things happen in the night sky. It’s worth the price if you have never seen a satellite flare. (The nearest we can find for Android is the ISS Detector Satellite Tracker. Let us know if you find a better one.)
- An example of a great pitch: an amazing combination of strategy, execution and persuasion: Elon Musk debuts the Tesla Powerwall.
- If you have Amazon Prime, then Amazon TV Fire Stick, which costs just $39, brings Amazon Instant Video and music to your TV. We love ours.
- A great guide to coding hyphens and dashes. If your developers turn your en dashes into hyphens, or code them wrong, send this to them.
News from inside Conversion Rate Experts
- One of our heroes, the world’s most famous linguist, Steven Pinker, described our recent article about writing as “terrific advice,” and recommended it to his followers.
- We have recently published two great new video testimonials from clients in financial services: goHenry and AAG. They are on this page. Jeff from AAG said, “I went into this project fairly skeptical that we’d be able to achieve a 30%+ improvement. At 50%+, it far exceeded our expectations.”
- We have published a useful case study about guarantees, describing how to do them right, how we grew a business by 49% by adding a guarantee, and how to know if a guarantee would work for your business.
© 2019 Implementra Limited trading as Conversion Rate Experts. All rights reserved.