Tips and tools: Google’s new A/B‑testing tool, the best sales books, learn CSS in 12 minutes, and more
(By the way, to get articles like this free in your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter—the link opens in an overlay).
Here are some great resources we have recently shared with one another(We don’t profit from recommending things. We just love sharing things we think you’ll appreciate. You can see our other Tips and Tools articles here.)
Here are some great resources we have recently shared with one another:
- Google’s new A/B-testing tool is looking great!: For the last few years, Google’s A/B-testing tool hasn’t been much to shout about. The new version, Google Optimize is looking great. It’s still in invitation-only beta, so we recommend you join the invitation list to get early access. It seamlessly integrates with Google Analytics (which is ideal provided your Google Analytics goals are set up right). The WYSIWYG editor is easy to use. To set up tests, you’ll need to use Google Chrome with this browser extension installed. Blastam wrote a good write-up of Google Optimize’s features here.
- The best sales books: Years ago, an engineer friend of ours got a job in sales. He had never sold anything before, but he figured it would be good for his career development. The week before he began, we loaned him our copy of the book “SPIN Selling” by Neil Rackham. In his first month of work—and every month thereafter—he was his company’s top salesperson. He sold more than twice as much as some of the company’s veterans. He attributed his success to rigidly following the process described in the book. Many salespeople wrongly believe that sales is just an instinctive knack, and so they never read a single book about it. They are wrong; there’s a load to learn. Whether you are a salesperson or a conversion marketer (i.e., a salesperson who sells via technology), you can gain a lot by learning about sales. This list of the best sales books contains some great ones.
- The technologies and books recommended by people in different fields: We’ve learned a lot from reading The Setup, a series of interviews with interesting people from different walks of life, asking them what technologies (hardware and software) they use. The Reading Lists is the same thing but for books.
- Learn CSS in 12 minutes: Even if you have no intention of learning CSS, you’ll benefit from having a solid understanding of how it works. We recommend you watch this awesome video by Jake Wright.
- CSS resources: Many guides to CSS are textual. CSSReference.io shows the most popular CSS properties visually. Search the page for “background-attachment” to see how this approach can be a useful supplement to the equivalent page on W3Schools.
- A gallery of style guides for websites: StyleGuides.io is a useful gallery of real-life pattern libraries, code standards documents and content style guides.
- Miscellaneous interesting articles: The Quora Digest is one of the most consistently interesting emails we receive. We seldom delete an email without having clicking on at least one of the articles mentioned in it.
- Online whiteboard tool: Mural is an online whiteboard tool. If you like sticking Post-It notes to walls, but then end up taking photos of the walls and wishing they were editable, you may find Mural is the answer.
How much did you like this article?
What’s your goal today?
1. Hire us to grow your company
We’ve generated hundreds of millions for our clients, using our unique CRE Methodology™. To discover how we can help grow your business:
- Read our case studies, client success stories, and video testimonials.
- Learn about us, and our unique values, beliefs and quirks.
- Visit our “Services” page to see the process by which we assess whether we’re a good fit for each other.
- Claim your FREE website strategy session with one of our renowned experts.
2. Learn how to do conversion
Browse hundreds of articles, containing an amazing number of useful tools and techniques. Many readers tell us they have doubled their sales by following the advice in these articles.
Download a free copy of our Amazon #1 best-selling book, Making Websites Win, recommended by Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Moz, Econsultancy, and many more industry leaders. You’ll also be subscribed to our email newsletter and notified whenever we publish new articles or have something interesting to share.
3. Join our team (we’re actively hiring!)
If you want to join our team—or discover why our team members love working with us—then see our “Careers” page.
4. Contact us
We help businesses worldwide, so get in touch!
© 2021 Conversion Rate Experts Limited. All rights reserved.