Download these free resources
We'll treat your email address with the utmost respect and won't sell it, rent it, or let it stay up past its bedtime watching horror movies.
Last updated: July 2019
Here’s a mix of company news and fantastic resources we have found—all woven together with some tenuous links to give a semblance of structure:
It’s called It Was the Best of Sentences, It Was the Worst of Sentences: A Writer’s Guide to Crafting Killer Sentences. It’s so good, we have added it to our article The 12 best resources for improving your writing.
…our book, Making Websites Win, stayed an Amazon best-seller for over three weeks, topping seven categories. In the US, we are about to run out of hardcovers, but more are on the way.
The book was recommended by industry leaders from Facebook, Microsoft, Unbounce, and Econsultancy. Dr. Dave Chaffey of Smart Insights, a client of ours, wrote this detailed review of it.
If you haven’t got a copy yet, visit this page.
…we loved Rand Fishkin’s book, Lost & Founder: A Painfully Honest Field Guide to the Startup World. It contains wisdom that few entrepreneurs discuss openly. We have been recommending it to fellow CEOs and business owners.
Also, in chapter nine of the book, (“Scalable Marketing Flywheels > Growth Hacks”), Rand Fishkin describes the work we did to grow his company, Moz.
…our founders, Ben and Karl, have invested in Rand’s new venture, SparkToro. The details are in Rand’s article SparkToro Raised a Very Unusual Round of Funding & We’re Open-Sourcing Our Docs.
…SparkToro has recently launched the SparkScore tool, which proved incredibly useful for our book launch. You can use it to identify the influencers with whom you should be working.
…marketing agency Distilled has created a tool that lets you A/B test the effect that your changes have on your SEO rankings and traffic. The tool is called Distilled ODN. In this video, Distilled’s CEO, Will Critchlow, gives a seven-minute overview of why it’s so useful—though, as someone who “gets” CRO, you’ll probably be mostly convinced just by the description of it. The article “What is SEO split testing?” contains a more detailed explanation.
…we have been hard at work growing our clients’ businesses. Since the last time we mentioned testimonials, we have published nine—nine!—new testimonials from clients whose businesses we have grown. Their headlines are as follows:
2. “CRE has the unique advantage of being able to draw from its vast experience with the multiple clients it has worked with over the years, to tailor new tests to our business.”—Verizon, a multinational telecoms company (see more)
8. “After some important research, we immediately saw a significant increase in the form completions. We’ve also improved the number of enrollments and starts.”—Education Affiliates, another education company (see more)
…this article from Sumo.com describes how the overlay text “Win $150 of store credit” got almost twice as many opt-ins as “Claim 10% off your purchase right now.” One of the best ways to increase conversions is to change the offer, and this is a great example.
1. We have already grown companies just like yours. (We have helped to grow clients in 37 countries in 11 languages.) So wherever you are in the world, if you’d like us to work on your website—to dramatically increase its profits—then claim your FREE website strategy session. On this free phone consultation, one of our experts will discuss your conversion goals and suggest strategies to double your sales.
2. If you’d like to learn conversion for free, go to our “Learning Zone” page, where you can download templates of million-dollar winning pages. Or, if you’d like us to build your company’s in-house capabilities (not for free), then contact us and we’ll discuss your requirements.
3. If you’d like to work for us—or see why our team members love working for us—then see our “Careers” pages.
All of our articles are subject to our Testimonial Protocol, which is described here.