The Foundry is a visual-effects software company whose customers include Pixar, Industrial Light & Magic (ILM), Walt Disney Animation Studios, and Sony Pictures Imageworks. It has ranked in the The Sunday Times International Track 200 for fast-growing companies.
A short interview with the client
“My name is Franck Unternahrer, the Digital Marketing Manager at The Foundry. My job is to look holistically at everything that happens in the digital space. This includes the website, the content, traffic, acquisition, retention, and converting all of the traffic. Turning all those browsers into buyers.
“Before we used Conversion Rate Experts, I knew the benefits of conversion rate optimization, and I wanted to educate myself and my team. In particular, I needed to demonstrate the financial impact of higher conversions to our senior executive team.
I needed to demonstrate the financial impact of higher conversions.
“It’s been fantastic. I only have good things to say. It’s like having an extension of my team. The way Conversion Rate Experts communicate, the ongoing search for improvements, the feedback, and the dedication of their team. They understand our pain, our industry, our customers, and our visitors’ frustrations. It’s great.
I only have good things to say. It’s like having an extension of my team.
“I appreciated their approach before they even designed any experiments. They sent out surveys and conducted user-testing to understand our visitors and customers. They found out what people really thought about our website.
I appreciated their approach before they even designed any experiments.
“They didn’t dictate to us. They said ‘Let’s start by understanding how you work. Let’s get to know your audience and your customers. Let’s identify their pain points. Why aren’t they buying?’
“Only then did they create a strategy.
They didn’t dictate to us. They said ‘Let’s start by understanding how you work.’
“So far, in six months, we’ve run several tests. Not all of them were winners, but they were all interesting. You don’t have to win to win. To give a few examples of the wins we have had:
- 12% increase in sign-ups from testing alternative headlines on a product page. This gave me the ammunition I needed to influence our branding and product teams.
- 15% increase in sign-ups as a result of promoting our tutorials and learning materials. We hadn’t considered how important these were until Conversion Rate Experts surveyed our customers.
- 20% increase in sign-ups from removing page elements that were distracting our visitors. We had discussed doing this internally, so it was good to have the stats to prove that it would work.
- 44% increase in sign-ups from testing a different call to action. It’s surprising how we could get such a great win from changes that were simple and easy to implement.
- 8% increase in sign-ups by removing page elements on a different product page. We’ve learnt not to distract our visitors when they reach for their wallets.
“Some of our senior executives didn’t understand how CRO could have such a big financial impact.
Some of our senior executives didn’t understand how CRO could have such a big financial impact.
“The best aspect of working with Conversion Rate Experts is the knowledge exchange (learning their approach), and better understanding our customers and visitors. And feeling like they’re part of our team.”
The best aspect of working with Conversion Rate Experts is the knowledge exchange … And feeling like they’re part of the team.
What you should do now
1. If you’d like us to work on your website—to dramatically improve your conversion rate and profits (like we did for all these companies), then claim your FREE website strategy session. On this free phone consultation, one of our experts will discuss your conversion goals and suggest strategies to double your sales.
2. If you’d like to learn conversion for free, go to our “Learning Zone” page, where you can download templates of million-dollar winning pages. Or, if you’d like us to build your company’s in-house capabilities (not for free), then contact us and we’ll discuss your requirements.
3. If you’d like to work for us—or see why our team members love working for us—then see our “Careers” pages.
All of our articles are subject to our Testimonial Protocol, which is described here.