Last updated: December 2018
Here are some great resources we have recently shared with one another
A fantastic new tool for editing any website in your browser
Most modern browsers support a little known spec called “design mode,” which allows you to edit any page in your browser. We use it a lot. It allows us to quickly change the text on a page. For example, we can play around with headlines without needing to have access to the server, or needing to delve into Chrome DevTools. We activate Design Mode using the “Edit this website” bookmarklet.
Now, Google engineer Adam Argyll has created VisBug, a point-and-click web design extension for Chrome. It’s described near the bottom of this blog post and in this 30-second video. VisBug has a point-and-click, drag-and-drop interface that lets you do the things a DevTools expert could do:
- Quickly explore the styles used on a website
- Change colors, text, and images
- Move elements around
- Make small tweaks
…all from within your browser, using your mouse or keyboard.
Framer X, another great design tool
Those 48 minutes of video may prevent your marketing and design team from adding hours of headaches to your developers’ backlog.
A new way to capture screenshots and screen recordings on a Mac
If you’re like us, you’re constantly saving screenshots of websites, to remember great examples of copy or design, or to share feedback with a colleague. In macOS Mojave, Apple has introduced a useful screen capture tool that allows you to take screenshots and then annotate them.
You can activate the toolbar (see below) by typing Command+Shift+5. In addition to screenshots, it also lets you take screen recordings of all or part of the screen. Sometimes screen recordings are more useful than screenshots—especially when you’re discussing animations, interactive page elements, or flows between pages.
You can learn how to use the new screenshot tool here on Apple’s website.
News from within Conversion Rate Experts
We’ve published another great video testimonial
We have just published a new video testimonial that describes how we’ve generated over a hundred thousand Euros of profit for travel agency Shuttle Direct.
Become our next success story
If you’re looking to create a big CRO success story in 2019, visit this page to request a free strategy session.
What you should do now
1. If you’d like us to work on your website—to dramatically improve your conversion rate and profits (like we did for all these companies), then claim your FREE website strategy session. On this free phone consultation, one of our experts will discuss your conversion goals and suggest strategies to double your sales.
2. If you’d like to learn conversion for free, go to our “Learning Zone” page, where you can download templates of million-dollar winning pages. Or, if you’d like us to build your company’s in-house capabilities (not for free), then contact us and we’ll discuss your requirements.
3. If you’d like to work for us—or see why our team members love working for us—then see our “Careers” pages.
All of our articles are subject to our Testimonial Protocol, which is described here.